Saturday, September 6, 2008

Gonna Rock You Like a, Well...This is Embarrassing...

My train was canceled tomorrow due to a bad case of hurricane. This would irk me less if I hadn't done all of my packing before my parents gave me the news.

Today, my boss made another big to do about how great I was and threw me a pizza party. Then, after I argued Obama's merits extensively for about an hour with her, she presented me with a book.

Margot and I went to see Gypsy with Patti LuPone, which was brilliant blah blah OMG the actress playing Gypsy Rose Lee is my new crush and is beautiful.

The real highlight of the evening was dinner at Sardi's, which would have been fun enough, except a portrait of Kermit reminded me that I was having lunch at the same restaurant Kermit tried to sneak into in "The Muppets Take Manhattan." This catapulted the day into legendary status.

I saw this portrait in person:



I ended the day with more drinks at Dan and Sonia's which was a perfect cap to the evening. I didn't even flinch on the six-block solitary walk back to the apartment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh! I saw Gypsy also! (with Allie and Natalie) Darn, wish I had known you were in the city an extra day, but hey, only a couple more weeks til I see you again in dear ol' Hitchcock :) -K2