Monday, August 4, 2008

What a Gas!

Today, my apartment tried to kill me.

In the shower, I was alarmed by a beeping noise. (Hey, that pun wasn't even on purpose.) After trekking downstairs, I was told that my carbon monoxide detector was merely out of batteries. I was still suspicious, so I took the full batteries out of my Wiimote and put them in the detector. Sure enough, the beeping continued.

I was beginning to feel uneasy. I went back downstairs and insisted on talking to the super. After much bantering with the desk clerk, who was still convinced I was making BIG STINKS for nothing, the super discovered that my treacherous, treacherous gas cooker had ill-intent. Instead of delicious food, it tried to serve me a hearty portion of INVISIBLE DEATH.

I was saved only by my Wii and my wits. Batman would be proud.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Oh, Pranks, speaking of puns, my roommate and I went to a mall/subway stop called "Metrocity." My roommate looked at the sign and immediately said in a horrified voice, "Oh my god, it's a metrocity!"

You know...like as in atrocity...

Anyway, I thought of you.

Pranks said...

Good work, roommate.

"A HEARTY PORTION OF INVISIBLE DEATH" sounds like a great murder mystery title.