Monday, July 28, 2008

Brawl for one and one for brawl

Yesterday, I had big plans. I was gonna climb the Empire State Building. I was gonna go to the World Trade Center. I was gonna be somebody. I was gonna go to Staten Island.

Unfortunately, due to a combination of an ill-advised gym session in the wee hours of the morning, I only managed to go to the WTC. There was nothing there. Go figure.

I did manage to take a tour of lower Manhattan, passing through Tribeca, NoHo, and SoHo on my way up. I'm really starting to get a feel for the town.

Today, the rain foiled any plans I had of making a longer excursion. I made it twenty blocks before I was forced to duck into a B&N.

Then, I came home and got the shock of my life playing Brawl against Ross and Pelks. Pelks completely schooled us. It wasn't even close. At first I was really upset, but then I started to feel a certain kinship with Yoda.

Anyway, the next four days are going to be spent training brutally until our next rematch. The record cannot stand like this.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Too soon, too soon...