Thursday, July 3, 2008

Get "N" or get out

My mother is a ten-year-old. I began a sentence with "Today, at MyBO" (referencing the Barack Obama customizable website) and she was unable to take me seriously for the rest of the meal.

Nonetheless, I will really miss her tomorrow. My parents and I have grown really close since college began. Today, we went to the NBC store, the Nintendo Store, the Apple Store, and Central Park. She bought me a "Dunder-Mifflin" shoulder bag and correctly identified a one-up mushroom. She also told me to save up money for a DS and to go buy that stuffed Link I was eyeing. She even remembered the sounds of Sonic the Hedgehog (played on Virtual Console.) Mom's pretty awesome.

Dad is getting here on Sunday, and he'll probably have wine in tow.

Tomorrow, after dropping off my mother at the train station (7:00 AM train) I'll be finally moving into my new apartment proper. Being with Mom was great, but AC and a working shower will be nice.

2 comments:

Raka said...

Haha, I am going to assume Ria's apt is less than stellar.

Pranks said...

It should be fine when the AC/shower's fixed, actually.