Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Made in Manhattan

Neil and the furniture arrived almost simultaneously. Where once there was a bed and two chairs, now there are two futons, a table, two chairs, and a tv tray.

I not only joined a gym but began sessions with a personal trainer. I hurt all over, but at least between this, the lockpicking books, and the climbing classes, I'll be able to mete out my own brand of vigilante justice when I return to Chicago. The personal trainer thing got way cooler when I explained to Pelks that I now had an Ash to my Pikachu. (Perhaps "cooler" is the wrong word.)

Tomorrow, I am going to see the Dark Knight at midnight. Then, it's off to some the house of some relatives. Two years ago I was there (with Ross) and they crushed his fragile psyche by telling him 1) he was nerdy-looking, and 2) I looked too cool to be friends with him. Then they announced they were going to marry him regardless, and chased him around the room trying to kiss him. It was also my first viewing of High School Musical. (Perhaps this is why Ross hates kids.)

No comments: