Sunday, July 13, 2008

Pool, pool party...la la la la...

Friday (and today) was extremely eventful. Well, so eventful that I forgot to post.

I did a lot of running around at work on Friday, which was unfortunate, because my day hardly ended at five.

I was to stay at home until the Internet people arrived, which (unlike most apartment-related things so far) went off without a hitch.

Then, it was DS-time. I successfully navigated the incredibly dangerous Upper West Side to acquire my beautiful, jet-black new distraction device.

Its name is Wooster. (Bertram Wilberforce Wooster, for short.) It has Zelda, New Super Mario Bros., Mario 64 DS, Final Fantasy, and Picross with it. Maybe I can play it at the Office. Then my translation into Halpert will be complete!

So, anyway, after acquiring the DS, Ross called me and informed me about a pool party in Queens.

"Queens!" I said. "Party!" I am there like shareware.

The awkward thing is that I wasn't on the best of terms with this friend of Ross's. You see, two years before I was kinda with someone and he insulted her and it was a total shitshow with my southern gentility in the way. But now, we're not on speaking terms, so it's totally cool.

Anyway, I talked about Batman and suitably impressed him enough so it's all okay.

Know what the hilarious thing was? Ross told me not to bring my swimsuit, OR my DS. "They'll probably be done swimming. Plus, no one will play with you."

He was wrong on both counts. Luckily, I managed to borrow a suit from someone and get Fred's number to play DS later.

We took out our aggressions in a game of chicken. Ross and I formed a (not-quite) unstoppable team. After some board games, and more drinking, it was time to go to bed.

No comments: